What is Janmashtami?
Janmashtami commemorates the earthly appearance of Krishna, who is described in the scriptures as the Supreme Personality of God Himself. One of the biggest religious festivals in the world, it is celebrated by approximately nine hundred and thirty million people around the world–and about two million in the US alone.
But why Janmashtami, one may ask? What’s so special about Krishna, as opposed to any other form of God? It’s His personable-ness. He reciprocates in unique and personal way with every devotee who offers Him love—He is the most adorable, mischievous son, the most romantic lover, the most compassionate friend. And on Janmashtami, devotees celebrate Krishna in all of these aspects.
So remember that whatever way you worship Krishna on Janmashtami, He will reciprocate with you accordingly. It’s a meditation that makes for an extremely rewarding devotional experience.
Friday, 23rd August 2019
We will be celebrating this most auspicious event with Ecstatic Kirtan, Special Kalash Abhisheka, Arati every Hour, devotional garba, Dahi Handi, Archana Offering, Kids activity, dance, drama, Spiritual Discourse, Maha Arati at midnight and many more things.
- THIS YEAR’S SPECIAL ATTRACTION
Recreation of Krishna’s Village – Vrindavan. Enter the mystical village of Vrindavan where Krishna appeared 5,000 years ago.
- Re-enactments of Vrindavan life with real characters (Ask them questions, talk to them) – Yashoda, Narada, Laxmi, Brahma, Gopis, Gopas
- Meet Krishna personally and talk to Him.
- Krishna Story Tellings (Hear Krishna’s wondrous and loving pastimes in Vrindavan)
- Demon’s Den – Be ready to face Kamsa, Bakasura and other demons and see how Krishna defeats them
- Meet Vyasadeva and Ganesh writing Vedic scriptures
- Henna/Face Painting
- Cow Dung Magic
- Krishna Quiz
- Birthday card making for Krishna
- Radha Krishna Village
- Write your wish and hang it on a Desire Tree (Kalpa Vriksha)
Kalash Maha Abhishek
Please take this opportunity to bathe Lord Krishna personally on his birthday by participating in the Maha Kalash Abhisheka Program ! To know more about this program and reserve your Kalash Abhisheka, please contact:
Shyam 443-251-8086 / Vidur Das 443-204-1836
We have ample parking available. and have 2 designated parking lots. There will be shuttle service provided from 5 pm onwards till midnight.
- Catonsville Elementary School
- Catonsville High School
Drop off for handicapped available at the temple.
NO PAKING AVAILABLE AT TEMPLE.
Nearly 2500 people are expected to witness the grand celebration in the New temple. Our temple is offering opportunities for you to sponsor various aspects of this festival. Please donate today to help & support this festival.